Privacy and trust center
Our proactive approach to privacy
Giant Steps is FERPA compliant and a proud signatory of the 2020 Student Privacy Pledge. Our dedicated Privacy Team works across all divisions of the company to implement proactive privacy protections.
Giant Step’s commitment to privacy
Giant Steps recognizes the trust educators place in us — trust that our technologies help schools protect students’ safety, and trust that the company protects students’ privacy. We envision a future where all learners are ready and inspired to solve the world’s greatest challenges, and that vision helps drive our decisions — from product design to our thoughtful approach to student privacy and data protection.
How does Giant Steps protect student data?
We take a proactive approach to protect student information
- Giant Steps does not sell, trade, or rent student personal information.
- We are FERPA compliant, meaning that schools always maintain certain rights over their student data.
- We're a proud signatory of the 2020 Student Privacy Pledge, a public and legally-enforceable commitment regarding the collection, maintenance, and use of student personal information.
We ensure schools maintain control over their data
- Schools and districts that partner with Giant Steps own and control their Personal Student Information, and can request deletion of Personal Student Information at any time.
- Giant Steps does not use Personal Student Information beyond the purposes explicitly outlined in agreements.
We utilize industry-leading best practices to safeguard data
- We apply a combination of technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect student and school data.
- We use military-grade TLS encryption across our products and websites to protect personal information in transit.
- We restrict access to Personal Student Information on a "need-to-know" basis.
We continuously test and assess to improve privacy practices
- We constantly monitor state and federal laws to ensure our policies meet — and often exceed — legal requirements.
- We have a dedicated Privacy Team that works across all divisions of the company to implement proactive privacy protections.
- We work with experts and advocates to help us thoroughly examine industry-leading privacy topics.
Certifications and partnerships
Giant Steps products comply with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), the Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Rule (COPPA), and all applicable state-level student data privacy laws.
More about our approach to student data privacy
WE DO NOT:
Have any additional privacy questions?
Our Privacy Team is dedicated to providing industry-leading service and practices to protect student and school data privacy. If you have any specific questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org — we’re happy to answer them for you.